Type B Vent (Gas)
Type B Gas Vent Systems Give You These Important Advantages
Safety of the Hart & Cooley® system is assured by the double-wall, air-insulated design and locking joints. Properly installed, the vent cannot come apart through vibration, and offers protection against vent failure or fire hazard. Type B Gas Vent is designed for negative pressure applications and flue gas temperatures not exceeding 400°F above ambient for Category I appliances.
Durability is the result of high-quality materials and workmanship, with galvanized outer pipe and aluminum inner pipe providing protection against corrosion and external damage.
Simple installation is achieved with a complete line of adjustable fittings and various lengths of pipe. Curled ends lock together for stability and easy assembly. A full set of installation instructions are supplied with all caps and supports.
HART & COOLEY® B-VENT complies with the latest Underwriters Laboratories Standard No. 441 and Bears the Mark.
- 3” to 12” inner and outer pipe curled together as an integral unit.
- 14” - 30” sizes have a snap-lock coupling system.
- Unique locking band provides 360° turning radius of the pipe and fittings.
- Locking band slides over tabs easily, locks firmly without twisting. Locking tabs hold pipe securely together, can be easily unlocked.
- Reinforced ends– curled bead on end of outer pipe for rigidity and strength.
- Deep Locking Groove assures solid joint and secure lock.
- The 4RPX pipe is UL-listed for installation in a 2x6 wall.
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum inner wall for rapid warm-up.
- Galvanized steel outer pipe for maximum protection.
- Positive Stop—provides proper alignment and positive fit for mating end of pipe or fitting